Sunday, November 1, 2009

Advanced Diploma of Engineering VPAU201


Business Card Design
The business card is one of the most important pieces of corporate identity a business or person has.  It is sometimes the only piece of information left behind after a contact is made.

The challenge was to design a good business card.  We had to look at the four basic principles of design, namely contrast, repetition, alignment as well as proximity.  On the left you can see my final business card.  The size of the card is 85mm x 55mm.  I decided to keep it in grey, black and white to make it more effective.


Post Card Design
We had to create a postcard where we had to apply methods of integration between Illustrator and Photoshop.  The size of the postcard is 150mm x 100mm.  I used images of my ceramics as well as jewelry and called it Elements.

I used a lot of the information I gained by designing the business card to design this postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment